At Downers Grove Pediatrics we and our friendly staff offer all aspects of pediatric medical services:
- Well child exams from birth to age 18
- Sports and camp physicals
- Pre-op physicals
- School and behavioral issues
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- A Complete List Of services
What is a Pediatrician?
A pediatrician is a physician whose specific specialty is caring for children from birth to 18 years of age. Pediatricians address acute and chronic illnesses, learning disabilities, behavioral issues and the growth and development of children. Our goal is to help ensure that children grow into mentally and physically healthy, productive and happy adults.
- Healthy Children
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Reach Out and Read
- The AAP Guide to your Child's Symptoms by Donald Schiff MD and Steven Shefor MD
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child Birth to Age 5 from The American Academy of Pediatrics
Diet and Nutrition:
At Downers Grove Pediatrics we follow the guidelines and schedule established by the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics. We firmly believe in the effectiveness and safety of vaccines to prevent serious illness and possibly death in children and young adults. It may be the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform as health care providers and that you partake in when you choose to vaccinate your child.
Effective as of November 1, 2016, Downers Grove Pediatrics no longer accepts new patients who do not vaccinate or who do not initiate and complete vaccines in a timely manner in a way congruent with CDC and AAP schedules by the age of 2. Please view our Vaccine Philosophy and Policy .
If you have any questions or doubts about vaccination please feel free to discuss this with any one of our providers at your visit or at a prenatal meeting. A co-pay will be required at each vaccination-only visit.
Click here to view Downers Grove Pediatrics typical vaccine schedule which follows the CDC and AAP guidelines.
Below are a list of resources explaining the use and safety of vaccines:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Vaccine Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccine Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccine Schedule
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Vaccinate Your Baby
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
- Allied Vaccine Group
Infant/Child/Adolescent Care :
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff, Sharon Mazel, Arlene Eisenberg, Sandee Hathaway
- Your Baby's First Year from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Happiest Baby on the Block (DVD) by Harvey Karp M.D.
- Building Resilience by Kenneth R. Ginsburg M.D.
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth M.D.
- La Leche League
- A Parent's Guide to Breastfeeding by Amy Spangler
- American Association of Poison Control Centers: 1-800-222-1222
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Product Recalls
- Car Seat/Seat Belt Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics Car Seat Guidelines